>why does everybody in Britain live in 'named' bulidings, flats, etc.

You're right Jeff. I think there is a little thing about naming your house
here. "An Englishmens home is his Castle"
quite a few people call their houses stupid names, I saw one once, in
cornwall, called "TER-RAY-LYN"
I thought it was some regional dialect thing (sounds cornish) but, infact,
it was a  "terrys, rays and lynns" house.

I kid you not.

also, we all like to think we're a bit posh, when infact we're a right
bunch of gippos. "buckingham palace" etc etc.
my grandads house has got a name, i cant remember what it is though,
something daft.

sorry for the stooopid thread folks, my fault.

most enlightening mind.

This e-mail is sent by the above named in
their individual, non-business capacity and
is not on behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP.

PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP may monitor
outgoing and incoming e-mails and other
telecommunications on its e-mail and
telecommunications systems. By replying
to this e-mail you give your consent to such monitoring.