here's a named building in the east village, nyc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/margiejames/28737669/

             matt kane's brain
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             18/08/05 03:22 AM         [EMAIL PROTECTED],
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED],
                                       313@hyperreal.org
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: (313) ? (OT)

>My turn: why does everybody in Britain live in 'named' bulidings, flats,
etc.

This isn't unique to Britain. I've seen named houses in the
Northeast. I'm not talking just the Newport mansion-style houses.
Little hunting camps in sleepy Northern New Hampshire, tiny vacation
cottages on Martha's Vineyard, etc. Some of my friends have named
their apartments things like "HATEDOME" and "The Compound" and
"Destructopad" but they're just silly.
--
/* Halley */ (Halley's comment.)
matt kane's brain