as i understand it: up north they're hard, down south they're a bunch of
shandy drinkers.

this is what i've picked up from years of watching british tv in  a former
colony.  so if i'm wrong blame coronation st, the two ronnies, benny hill,
porridge, all creatures great and small, east enders, mad dogs and
englishmen, shameless, one foot in the grave, love thy neighbour, when the
boat comes in, dad's army, black adder, the goodies, minder, steptoe and
son, the singing detective, the avengers, the sweeney!!!, the
professionals!!! , birds of a feather, the good life, kenny everett, man
about the house, some mother's do have 'em, on the buses, only fools and
horses, ripping yarns, sykes, danger UXB, captain pugwash, upstaris
downstairs, till death do us part, softly softly and last biut not least,
the liver birds,  catweazle...

the north was the hearland of the factories and mines that drove the
industrial revolution. working , living and weather conditions were hard.
the south of england was more the home of the sophisticated urbanities of
london and the landed gentry and the great univeristies. it was where the
profits of colonialism and the industrial revolution largely  went.  you
know,  punting along the cam, reading some poetry with sebastian or monty,
and sip sip all day long like a dowager.

this divisions were further sharpened by the decline of the industrial
revolution and the closure of the mines post second world war. it reached
it's nadir during thatcher's years when the miner's union was defeated
after a long long strike and the mass closure of pits and mass
unemployment. the northern cities went into decline furthering the flight
of capital to the south.
james
www.jbucknell.com

             /0
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             mi.net>                                                    To
                                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             08/31/05 11:27 PM                                          cc
                                       <313@hyperreal.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Re: (313) Carl Craig Fabric CD

please explain to me the implications of being from manchester vs southern
england?

are the manchester folks just raw?

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: 2005/08/30 Tue PM 10:48:17 EDT
> To: /0 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> CC: 313@hyperreal.org
> Subject: Re: Re: (313) Carl Craig Fabric CD
>
> nerf bats? i was just finishing my notes to alex on how to prepare and
> deliver a hot shot. the man's from manchester, not southern england.
> james
> www.jbucknell.com
>

>              /0

>              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>              mi.net>
>                                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,

>              08/31/05 06:02 AM         <313@hyperreal.org>

cc

Subject
>                                        Re: Re: (313) Carl Craig Fabric CD

> I'm gonna bring the nerf bats to demf next year and arrange for you two
> fight to the death on the mainstage just before jeff mills' guitar solo
>
> -Joe
>

> ForwardSourceID:NT000224F2

ForwardSourceID:NT00022556