Before anyone goes off dissing on promoters, maybe they should walk a
few miles in those shoes.  Any time Art meets Commerce, Art has to
make all the comprimises -- even if the promoters are honest and have
their hearts in the right place. Promoting parties is like what
Coppola said about making movies -- it's a way to spend money, not a
way to make money.

As for Tejada -- John has been a prolific producer and has made many
tracks I like and play out. Others not so much, but that's what
personal taste is -- personal. All the Iowa City people came back from
Detroit last may raving about the set he did at Foran's monday night,
and he's #1 on everyone's list to bring to Iowa City.  And Iowa City
is a long f*cking way from any hipster meetup in California.  We don't
got hipsters, just a couple hundred fans of dance music and beer who
just want DJs that can show them a good time.

Justin Maxwell is someone I go way back with, though I've only met him
IRL once. If Justin is 'trendy' that's by accident -- Justin has been
following his own cracked muse all along, and hey if he's trendy at
the moment, great for him.  Believe me, if you knew Justin, you'd know
that if he saw a bandwagon, he'd slip on a banana peel trying to jump
on, and end up in the ER getting stitches.

There's a lot of artists whose work I have never really liked, or
records by people I like that I think are weak, but I'm never going to
bag on them or question their motives if they're doing what they do
with an open heart.  As a wannabe producer, let me tell you, it's
incredibly hard work just making mediocre tracks.  To completely
dismiss a producer because what they do isn't necessarily to your
taste is pretty unfair, and if the shoe was on the other foot, and
_you_ were making tracks that someone on some mailing list didn't
like, you would want them to confine their criticism to the work, and
not make any judgements about your character.