On 11/23/05, Fred Heutte <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
I rarely participate in these 313 food fights,
<snip>

I think we can thank Earle for that, taking my critical view of a particular group of SF promoters as a personal attack, while quoting my message which EXPLICITLY states that I am critical of their approach to booking who are supposed to be the vanguard of minimal techno, a large genre which encompasses quite a few varying styles, while they only focus on a single sub-group of this wider genre. If the these promoters can't see a legitimate concern of a music fan as a dissenting opinion but instead get all huffy and puffy about the fact that someone DARED speak up about their concern that these producers are not really a fair representation of a larger scene, then maybe they need to grow some thicker skin. Or is SF a genre monopoly now? "we say who is or isn't minimal, and we do so with our booking selection, [EMAIL PROTECTED]|t! And anyone who thinks differently needs to SHUT UP!"

And if producers cannot read a post that contains a balanced criticism of their performance thoroughly enough, instead of choosing to personally attack me for not bowing my head to them no matter what I thought of their music at a show, then maybe that producer should see whether they're doing music out of the love for it, or out a need to be unanimoously praised about their every and any creative direction they choose to take.

Wojtek

but the comment
below is one of the most self-indulgent and indeed laughable
ones seen here in a long, long time.

It certainly doesn't portray John Tejada in any fashion relating
to, you know, reality.

John's work as a DJ and producer stands on its own merits
and most will agree with me that he's one of the best we've
got out there in the electronic music world.

Fred

------ mail forwarded, original message follows ------