On 11/29/05, Odeluga, Ken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Massive fan as I am of UR (etc) that I am, I still find myself asking
> what the hell relevance do they have vis a vis any one else's type of
> self-expression?
>
> What you say about their work ethic might well be true, but it's a
> sterile point in the context of this topic.

i see kent's point, being that for UR everything culminates in their
bringing in new people, "graduating" the old guys, and generally
keeping the cycle of music as the main focal point.

of course im also a fan of people who use spectacle in their art as
well, such as lee perry or sun ra. all i know about TG or psychick TV
is that the stuff around their music always seemed more interesting
than most of the actual music itself, which is fine and dandy really,
but it keeps them from being inspirational to me outside of the really
remedial appreciation i have for things underground and contrary. id
much rather rock some coil, or some other old experimental/industrial
stuff.

tom