I have just the book.  It's called African American Music: An Introduction.
It's edited by Portia Maultsby and Mellonee Burnim, they are both professors of
mine.  It's a huge book with each chapter focusing on a particular genre.  There
is a chapter titled Techno, it's a great history.  And there is a chapter titled
Disco and House.

Since it is an edited volume, there is not a whole lot of space focused on the
connections between the many different genres written about in the book, but in
the techno chapter, the author, Beverly May, does a great job making connections
within her limited space.

Hope this helps,
Denise

--