Actually, that's what the last week is about. Praising music that doesn't confine itself to categories. And I think along the way they get to see how it's all connected. But I definitely hear you, not to be too serious about these boxes.

thanks
Rex

First I think kids have the most basic, purest and undiluted of musical
knowledge. They know "what they like" and do not feel compelled to
translate their waveform fascinations into words. Second, I personally
think it would serve the kids and the world at large better to teach
them about the common analogues that run through all the different
genres and give 'em a real understanding of what genres (basically
creations of spin media) are used for (to squeeze more dollars from
those that don't know via magazines and commodities that cater to the
"genre niche". Gotta dress, talk, read, and listen the part). Man for
real, don't teach kids that ish. That's the devils work kid.

Kks
Mwnb