You can also DL the mp3, you don't have to subscribe to podcast if you
don't want to.

And the crucial tracklist:

   Hey . all .

   (Adam this is not about your mix . .. just the whole area of net casts)

   Just wanted to ask the opinion of the list ' regarding the net casting of
   copyright (techno) musics ?

   I know that technically it is illegal ' in that you need the permissions of
   the artists to publish their music .. etc.  However the "DJ Mix" has
   always been this promotional gray area for publishing copyright music.

   Now that we have entered the net-casting ' pod-casting era .. it changes
   the dimensions a bit, from a DJ handing out a Mix tape/CD to promoters
   and friends to the broadband access of many.

   So I suppose it comes down to a peer review again.  Since as far as I know
   no one has ever been prosecuted for handing out Mix tapes.

   So does anyone mind the publishing of Techno mixes online '

   Are the rules for making this okay ' that you publish a Tracklist and Links
   artists pages where applicable?

   What if the site you are doing it through is making revenue from advertising
   on the hosting page?

   Obviously in the world of the net you can just do things, and get away with
it.

   However here in NZ . our longest running Techno radio show the Stereo Nasties
   just got axed.  So we are considering net casting the show instead and would
   hate to upset people or step on toes by publishing copyright music online in
   DJ mix format, while making some revenue in return for hosting the show.

   Are there any legal standards for this?  Are there any community thoughts
about
   this ?  Are there any label or Artists on the list who have views about this
?

   In one sense its no different from music played on a Radio Station  ' except
the
   Internet is different and highly undefined

   Is it streaming vs downloading ?!  Any input appreciated ..

   .simon

   http://obscure.co.nz/profiles/steronasties