I think Hawtin has had a great career- he's
definitely done a lot. However, I think a documentary
would be more suitable 10 years down the line. Hawtin
is a bi-product of his own creativity and the
creativity that was happening around him at the time.
I hope this is mentioned in the film.Perhaps the
important questions is whether Hawtin himself
considers himself more Canadian/Detroit or
British/European at this point. Detroit seems to be
his glory ghost.

 For me personally, I think a documentary that draws
parallels b/t Detroit's up and down economy & racial
history and the creation/rise/fall etc. its music
scene (both bands and electronic music) would be far
more interesting, and perhaps appropriate. Or even
perhaps a doc about the back and forth influences b/t
Detroit and Windsor.

The best part of the trailer is Derrick's quote. One
thing about Derrick, he always seems to call it like
it is. Always calling it like it is has probably
gotten people in the D mad at Derrick too :)

Cheers!