Yeah I walk into my record shop and pick up for free off the counter this DVD
with SOME interesting stuff on it which I would
probably have to pay £10+ for if it was on sale.  That sucks.

OK, OK, I get your point and it's not without merit but I'm sure you get mine
too; why not go "hey, well I guess this was OK for $0"
rather than just knocking everything to the point where nobody wants to do
anything because they just get sniped at?