Yeah I walk into my record shop and pick up for free off the counter this DVD
with SOME
interesting stuff on it which I would
probably have to pay £10+ for if it was on sale.  That sucks.

but i wouldnt want it for $20 or for free. the price of something is
irrelevent if it sucks.

OK, OK, I get your point and it's not without merit but I'm sure you get mine
too; why not go
"hey, well I guess this was OK for $0"
rather than just knocking everything to the point where nobody wants to do
anything
because they just get sniped at?

doing it for free for love is one thing, doing it for free for
promotion is another. it doesnt give someone a free pass....

tom