On 9/3/06, Dale Lawrence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Do I intimidate you?

not a chance.

Neil is having dinner with Jan Jelinek... and he can ask a question
pertinent to a discussion about him personally. Should he pretend
he'll never meet the guy and that he himself works at McDonalds?...
Staying true to the underground?

neil has a habit of posting only when it helps him look good, like for
his upcoming gigs, or to mention having dinner with jan jenelik. i
tend not to namedrop (though the late night dinner at the world famous
"O" in pittsburgh with Louis Haiman and Titonton Duvante the other
night was in fact quite scrumptous! :) because i'm not a tool who
cares what other people think of me, and i dont think people will
think more highly of me or my opinion because of whom i call my
friends.

It's hard to juggle experience, or even your own successes (even if
only moderate), when talking to other people... it's a difficult line
between simply being yourself and discussing your experience-- which
is after all "who you are"-- or just bragging.

its really not that hard. i know plenty of people who say what they
think, and my knowledge of their experiences is the only way in which
said experiences enter the discussion. i know you have made many
records, its completely irrelevent to me. you could be joker X from
some mailing list (wait a second, you are!) and i would treat you
exactly the same.

tom