He actually closed the LA show with "The man with the Red Face", and
right towards the very end of the track he faded in a little ambient
pad-like track with looped and delayed vinyl crackles over it, which I
thought was a nice finish.  His incorporation of pioneer CDJs really
makes me think of the reel-to-reels of old, when djs would play their
own versions of tracks along with the vinyl...  Just like the
ping-pong-like sounding track--which I'm guessing is one of his
own--he played over a few tracks throughout the night.

On 11/29/06, Thomas D. Cox, Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

those are two of my all time favorite tracks. man, i would have loved
to have been there for these sets.

> Now, if someone could only ID the track he played that has early
> '80's-sounding, almost disco-like female vocals (not the Wee papa
> Girls one) and a slowed down, Chaka Khan like melody/bassline...

have you checked his "inspirations" mix thats floating about on the
net? it could be something that he played on there, its mostly disco
stuff.......

I did, and it's none of those unfortunately :(  It might be the female
vocal from Chip E.'s "Like This", but I have yet to hear the whole
track...

tom