i'm Someone Else From Here. i'm also someone who could care less if the mix is perfect if the vibe is there. i'm all for seeing jeff (or d. wynn or practically anyone from detroit) cue and correct in the mix... slam it in there and make it work. just make the walls and collective butts shake while doing so.

since this review has grown legs maybe i would have reconsidered using the word 'perfect'. it's not that rich was so mechanically perfect. i don't care about that. it's that once jeff got on i realized how bad the audio was. now a lot of people (including some close friends... ;)) are probably going to want to give me sh!t for being a pro-digital person. and while i sorta am, that's not what i mean. whatever was going on with jeff clipping the sound system, some very dirty records, some badly fumbled mixes and ear-splitting EQ choices, all the air went out of the party for me. i love watching jeff and i agree with a lot of what was said about rich (tho i wil reiterate that he still has that richie hawtin way of making a terrible record interesting). it's not that a sample rate or whizbang widget wasn't up to snuff; it's that this night jeff and i didn't click and that IMO he's had far better nights.

ps. - thanks for the capitalization fixes, greg.  :P