Yeah, it was good! I was lucky enough to see the show with the premiere of
Daniel Variations plus Music for 18 Musicians at the Barbican a few months
ago. The latter was fantastic. Even though I've heard it literally hundreds
of times in its entirety it was on a totally different level hearing and
watching it performed live. I believe the clips of it on the South Boank
Show last night were from the rhearsals for that performance. Can't
recommend it higher.

I also got a five-disk box set of his work when I was at the show, and I
have to see that the "Music For"... pieces and Drumming are the ones that
appeal to me most by far (and a couple of the seemingly related pieces).
Basically everything he has with words in it hasn't dated well as far as I'm
concerned. For instance I saw The Cave and walked out 1/3 of the way through
it. Truly one of the most tedious experiences of my life.

I wrote about both performances in greater detail at the time here
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk/blog/2006/10/steve-reichs-cave-at-barbican.htm
and here
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk/blog/2006/10/steve-reichs-music-for-18-musicians.
htm if anyone cares.