On 11 Dec 2006, at 23:35, Tristan Watkins wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Dust [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11 December 2006 20:53
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) Steve Reich

The amount of focus required must be unreal.

Definitely!

I'm too easily distracted, even the thought of it puts me about...A long time ago I did a show with Z'ev who also had amazing focus and drumming skills, you could trance out just watching him.

http://www.rhythmajik.com/
http://www.epitonic.com/index.jsp?refer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.epitonic.com% 2Fartists%2Fzev.html
http://www.brainwashed.com/h3o/zev.html

PS: I hope I look that good on 70+

I thought that too. And it was actually really impressive when we watched Music For 18 Musicians. At the time I supposed they may have been playing with him for the last 35+ years, and they have! It's amazing they can still
perform with that level of precision and attentiveness at that age.

You can tell he really cares about his work and they all really immerses themselves in it. Some of the cross over points having amazing rhythms.