i would gladly post any links to mixes i regard to have a good approach...i just need to find them in my collections first! ;P

fab
----- Original Message ----- From: "robin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "fab." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 4:54 PM
Subject: Re: (313) What's happened to rhythms?

yeah man....but that works in general....

if you're a crap dj, you're a crap dj - and for me a crap dj is one that sticks to 1 whole genre for the whole set.

the reason i respect villalobos for ex. (OMG!!!111oneoneone) is that he spins all sorts of stuff - mnml, house, acid, 313; same with sammy dee and same with zip.....hawtin too but he needs to be inspired i guess.

maybe i have been lucky to see these and other djs in less-commercial gigs where they played for fun and not for the money.

Y'know I've not seen/heard these people play (a link to a mix illustrating the above good 'minimal' approach would be great fab :) )

Richie when he plays well is absolutely amazing, I've also heard him be super dull. No bashing from me.

And as for the electro comment...yep I agree.

robin...