On 1/30/07, punkdISCO <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think the almost epidemic concern about the state of today's mastering
comes from the fact that we don't have a choice.  You can't simply say
"'don't listen to it" otherwise you would not listen to anything produced in
the last decade.  Sure, in your example you got the originals but for
anything produced in the last 10 years, this simply is not an option.  It's
squashed or nothing..

no way. listen to NCS mastering jobs on many records out of detroit,
its not the case on those. UR, planet e, sound signature, none of
these labels are super compressing their stuff. and im sure there's
more. its definitely more of a problem with euro/UK records.....

tom