The problem with tracks like the Theo is that they will basically be a
massive kick with not much around it.   Either you play it so the
kicks match the level of other tracks, in which case the 'music'
besides the kick will really quiet, or you push the level, so that the
limiter on the sound system does what didn't get done during
mastering.

Good producers learn how to use compression, eq, and limiting to make
their music sound as nice as it possibly can.  Part of learning your
craft is knowing how much is enough.  In my opinion, if I can hear the
compression there's too much compression.  OTOH I heavily compress
sounds in my own music so they fit in the mix better.   Used correctly
you don't hear the compressor, you hear the music.