Nick Breinich wrote:

 i've watched friends restring their guitars while singing songs as
much as i've seen someone rebooting a laptop.  the laptop reboot is
just more disastrous if you have made the choice to rely on it alone
as your sole instrument.

I played a live laptop gig once where my sound device crapped out and I had to wait for the whole thing to reboot - this was at a 5-minute tag-team improv night, so I ended up sticking my mic next to the keyboard and tapping keys, clicking mouse buttons and then pointing it at the fan just to get some sound out of the thing while it rebooted.

would probably only really work in an improv situation, but there you go.

--
Damian Stewart
+64 27 305 4107

f r e y