From: Mann, Ravinder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 29 March 2007 15:34
To: Matt Kane's Brain; Jeffrey Richards
Cc: 313
Subject: RE: (313) Weatherall - Reggae/Dub/Hip Hop

I can second any of the Scientists cartoon cover releases esp Wins the
World Cup

Also
Dub Factor - Black Uhuru
Starship Africa - Creation Rebel

For the roots dub
Any dub albums on Pressure Sounds, Blood and Fire are usually high
quality and nicely packaged with plenty of meaninfull sleeve notes.

For roots with vocals - The Congas - Heart of the Congas.
Early Augustus Pablo is consistent in my book - minimal melodica and
keys amongst a  mighty wall of drum and bass, need to crank up the
sound, it simply doesn't work otherwise.

If you don't like all the roots style, try the non rasta political dub
poetry of Linton Kwesi Johnson. Independent Intavenshan complilation,
the dubs by Dennis Bovell are included. Theres tracks on there that can
make a grown man weep.

I think MEK is the dub ninja on this list, so step up MEK.

Rav