Favourite of mine is the record called BEWARE, another SLY and ROBBIE
epic...yabby u, skully and tommy...man, that's got a pre rave feeling for
me...

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas D. Cox, Jr. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 5:37 PM
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) Weatherall - Reggae/Dub/Hip Hop

On 3/29/07, Fred Heutte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The best dub in my opinion always starts with live studio
> playing.  There's a lot of good all-electronic dub, but it's not
> really the same.

i like both styles really, theyre good for different moods. i
especially like the early electronic stuff from the 80s, mad prof and
sly+robbie and wackies style.

modern electronic dub doesnt really do much for me to be honest. i
have some records by twilight dub soundsystem, but i dont love them. a
friend of mine is heavy into modern dub and dub influenced music, so
he hooks me up with lots of mp3s but not much lasts more than a play
or two before i delete it. but i have to say i believe the rhythm and
sound stuff is amongst the best dub made by anyone in any era. i think
you can stand that burial mix "with the artists" album up with any dub
record and it will hold its weight. and i think they rhythm and sound
CD is one of the best dub/experimental records ever. lovely.

tmo