--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 3/8/00 8:16:23 AM,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> <<
> >Clearly his hiphop past is reflected in his
> >mixing. I saw him do stuff I've
> never seen a dj >do before.
>
> You've obviously never heard of/seen Terrence Parker
> or Jeff Mills then!
>  >>

> Or Dave Clarke or Claude Young.
>
> a.
> (who doesn't have a hip-hop past)

I hear ya, but Ben Sims is a good producer too. Being
a good dj AND a good producer is kinda rare but
increasingly important if you want to be recognised.
Jeff Mills gets a lot of respect for his production
though I don't think it's all that great. Maybe Jeff
Mills used to be good but I feel he's surpassed by the
likes of Claude Young. Jeff's too busy messing about
making so called experimental tunes when he should be
knocking dancefloor tunes together. How far must we
keep 'pushing the boundaries'?

Dj Pacific:)