From: Joseph Ross Lynn IV [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2000 4:56 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) Ben Sims kicks ass???

This is about art.  Not stardom.
Jeff Mills is an artist.
his vision is his vision, and the reason he is so well known and respected
is
because his vision resonates so strongly with so many of us.  I think he is
trying to be true to himself, not get his face on MTV.
Art is about a new perspective.  Art that serves its function shows us a way
of
looking at things that we hadn't known before, or sometimes it defines what
could previously only be hinted at.
It is still his vision, but maybe it jusn't mesh as well with yours.  Or
maybe
(gasp!) you might have to put a little effort and attention into his art in
order to try to understand.

J.