--- Joseph Ross Lynn IV <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > > Jeff's too busy messing about
> > > making so called experimental tunes when he
> should be
> > > knocking dancefloor tunes together. How far must
> we
> > > keep 'pushing the boundaries'?
>
> Dance music isn't important unless its pushing
> boundaries.
>
> J.
>

> > 'Til they fall down?
> >
> > Where do you get off telling Jeff Mills what he
> "should" be doing?
> >
> > Bill / dj marathon
> > --
> > AppNet MidWest Interactive [formerly Sigma6] /
> http://www.appnet.com
> >
> > now available:
> http://techno.ca/cognition/show598.htm
> > always on:            http://www.chromedecay.org
> >

> --
> Knecht

I wasn't having a go at Mills. His skill and ingenuity
has had a huge influence on techno and dance music as
a whole. What I'm saying is, plenty of ppl have access
to production equipment these days and the dj/producer
is becoming more and more common. Anyone, can be
innovative, but the truely innovative producers today
aren't the ppl that are getting the respect. Mills has
been a lot better in the past.

Concerning pushing the boundaries forward, I s'pose
music is about the feel, not necessarily technical
skill. It's more about the ingenuity of it's creator.
A lot of reviewers give tunes respect e.g. because
they've used a full orchestra instead of sampled
strings and stuff... which is good, but it doesn't
always work. I think a lot of this experimental stuff
is a load of parp. Few 'experimental' tunes actually
push the boundaries forward. However, a lot of big
names are getting respect for stuff that I could throw
together... (I'm not so good by the way...:). How do
they get away with that? Does that mean that once
you're famous you don't have to try anymore?

Dj Pacific:)