I'm sure someone will think this is a great article, but with lines like :

One song, "Kladfvgbung Micshk," uses a prepared piano for both the rhythm
and the melody, and this suggestion - that a rhythm instrument can have a
melodic value, and vice versa - creates a sense of ambiguity that hovers
over the whole album: we're often not quite sure whether we're hearing a
beat or a tone.

WTF!  Of course a rhythm instrument can have a melodic value, considering
the writer is paying close attention to RDJ's use of the piano, he/she
should at least know something about the piano, or maybe the guitar, bass,
drums, etc.  All rhythm instruments have tones, a beat IS a tone.

I would really like to know what Final Scratch had to do with DE9 2, besides
being an influence on it (whatever that means).  The best part of the
article is definitely: (the author is speaking of Hawtin's use of a Phillipe
Cam record)
It's a shame there aren't more surprises like that. Too much of "Closer to
the Edit" rushes by without making much of an impression; its amalgamated
thump never shows any signs of letting up.

Glad someone is paying attention.

Cheers

todd