I'm really torn on the Motor question though. Where will Detroit (or any
American city with its analogue of motor) go to hear expensive talent like
Herbert, and how will the local artists get to make the money they deserve
if we boycott the places big enough to garner those fees? We all know the
force a mega-club will exert on the remainder of the underground market, as
previously discussed with Motor,

Only in Detroit would Motor be even mentioned in the same sentence as "Mega Club." :)

I'm torn on this issue as well ... it's not my favorite place to experience music, but I'll be damned if they don't bring in some great talent amid the duds. I've been meaning to check out the "Color" night on select Fridays for a while ... And I missed Herbert? Doh!

-d