As folk have said, he was the promoter of that NYE party. Unlike most people
I had a really good night, but I live nearby and so saw in the bells at home
and turned up late - thus missing the crush.

Apart from that, Ranx by all accounts, is quite infamous for pulling off
amazing parties. I've heard all kinds of wild tales about even wilder
parties in North London in the very early 90s with ridiculous line ups,
which were usually Detroit related.

Unfortunately he seems to have quite an arrogant style when composing emails
and posters (Drexciya live anyone?) which undermines this legendary
reputation :)

He was also, I think, at least partly behind bringing KDJ to Plastic People
Christmas just gone and also their NYE party.

Jonny.