There is a nice part on the X-102 records in TechnoRebels, which I happened
to read last night. As it reads there that was the first time that Murphy
experimented with loops...

                From:   jurren baars [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                Sent:   vrijdag 1 november 2002 15:42
                To:     313@hyperreal.org
                Subject:        RE: (313) old tresors

                kj:
                >Someone told me that the vinyl version of Rings of Saturn
also has the
                >tracks cut at a scaled size as the actual rings of saturn.

                ánd that they based the sound of the track on the metrial of
the ring. each
                ring apparently has a different substance, and they tried to
reflect that in
                the sound. [i think i got this from odwo keshun's book,
can't even recollect
                the title right now, so all of the above might have been my
own
                immagination. i'll look it up when i get home.]

                jurren

                Unlimited Internet access -- and 2 months free!  Try MSN.