From: "Pryor, Ryan N" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Too an extent, but when I said "nearly identical", I wasn't
kidding. These
>sets are so similar it's not even funny. Playing what you know
"works" and
>what blows away the crowd is great, but where is the skill in
that? It gets
>old after a while, not only for the listeners, but for yourself.

aside from the fact that my question if people hold DMC style
deejays to the same standards went unanswered, i have to point out
that few if any people are following jeff mills around to Tokyo,
Germany, wherever to hear him drop these similar sets. now if he
was playing the same set multiple times in the same area over a
long period of time, i might be able to see that argument. but to
complain because he played the same set thousands of miles away
from each other is moderately silly. i have an MP3 mix of Shake
"live at Hultfreds Festival" that is damn near identical to a set
he played here in pittsburgh near the end of 2000. im assuming
this was at a similar time and it was very far away, and it made
me happy to hear him play all those great tracks again.

tom

andythepooh.com