In my previous post the word "elitist" was referring to the collector types
who are not very forthcoming about information on
rare and
limited releases.
I was suggesting something like a DVD archive for listing singles, promos,
remixes, un-released tracks, ect. from well known
to the lesser know Detroit artist and labels.
When it comes to techno there seems to be a gray area with records falling
into obscurity especially from the very late 80's to
early 90's.
To give you example sometimes when going through old dance music magazines
like Art Payne's column in Streetsounds magazine I'll see a review of a
record that I never
knew existed or maybe mention of a short lived Detroit techno label.

Lets take this review by Josh Tearnan, The Vibe Magazine:

Images - "The Keys to Heaven/" It's Just a Groove" (Siren Records)

With the people producing this record, it's bound to be big Santonio (of
Resses & Santonio fame) Art Forest (remixer of Inner City), and Brian Hall.
The A side, featuring vocals by Mischivous, has three mixes. The best is the
club mix; it's classic inner city style, complete with backtracked beats and
pumpin' keyboards. There are even samples from Martin Luther King's famous
speech.
    The B side is also a prime cut. The only problem with this record is
deciding which cut is better.