From: "M Elliot-Knight" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: RE: RE: [313] fuel to the fire : was "hawtin hawtin everywhere"
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 17:06:38 +0000

That's my point, the reason a lot of electronic music producers do
lives is because people are used to go see live artists, and they >expect
performing skills.

People, in general, also expect the 'look' of someone performing (ie.
strumming the strings of a guitar, pressing down on the keys of a synth,
etc)... it's just a shift in the paradigm that is required. The performers
have made it (by using laptops and such), it's time the audiences make it.
But they are always going to be slower than the performers in making the
switch (or even giving up their expectations of what "live" means).
If a performer is using a keyboard to play over some prearranged track are
they playing live anymore? If they spin a record in their "live" set are
they a DJ or a "live" performer?

Do you like the music? Then what the f~ck does it matter how they go about
bringing it to you.

Change your paradigm and your ass will follow.

MEK