I imagine he doesn't really have his finger on the pulse of the underground
scene either. I'd be really surprised if he had the same comments about
Aenima. That's as macro as I've heard, being a 60 minute song, and you can't
even really discern that it *is* a song rather than a live set until you've
heard it a number of times.

Besides that, I think it's silly to blame the tools. Cubase/Logic are as
designed for the macro as for the micro - it's just a matter of how much
attention you pay to the details. Same with any hardware
sequencers/arrangers.

Tristan
http://ampcast.com/phonopsia <- Music
http://phonopsia.tripod.com <- Mixes, pics, thought, travelogue & info