http://www.de-bug.de/texte/5129.html

The writer touches many points but does not go deep in any of them, so
I am kind of unsure of what he was trying to say (other than that CC is
the best).

Yeah, it's not a great article but I figured we needed something to talk about.

But, certainly there isn't much futurism in electronic music nowadays,
maybe because it doesn't sell anymore.

Well I guess there's only so long you can keep saying the futures coming before it's actually here.

The future is never quite like society imagines it will be.

Perhaps, the free exchange of music that seems (hopefully) to be the way
of the future will trigger some creative fusions. I am not sure how
this mechanism will work for electronic music, since the live element is not really there (not yet, so maybe this is a clue for the future). So,
when an acoustic/band musician benefits from releasing free music by
getting more publicity/gigs, I am wondering if this will also work for
the electronic act/DJ.

I guess this is a tangent to this conversation but Radiohead's recent approach (you pay what you like for ther new album from zero upwards) seems to have captured the minds of a lot of people. Granted, people who are already established.

As for dubstep. Can't say its ever struck me as good or bad. I might have a dfferent opinion if I'd been to a lot of good clubs playing it but I'm from the north and we don't really do that kinda thing up here. :)

As always though clubs need a mix of music from the ultra moody (most dubstep as far as i'm aware, and my awareness is admittedly limited) to the light/funky. Things go wrong (creative cul-de-sacs, dying scenes, overly blokey crowds) when that mix isn't there. This applies to all kinds of music.

robin...