On 8 Nov 2007, at 13:27, Thomas D. Cox, Jr. wrote:

On Nov 8, 2007 8:14 AM, Emile Facey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
There's nothing like Burial to divide a group, people seem to
absolutely love it or just don' get it at all. Personally I'm with
Martin all the way here, give me some Scorn any day, Mick Harris has
been doing it since '91.

but there is nothing garage about that, which is of course one of the
best things about Burial. the music is almost not comparable. of
course, i feel that way about "dubstep" in general, it lost its 2-step
roots and thats when it got boring.

I don't really care enough to get divided by it but the spin is more interesting than the music, it's so well aimed I wish I'd thought of it :)

The Burial new album stinks to it's very roots of garage Tom, it's positively dripping with it.

The whole point of Dubstep at the start was to throw out the rules but it's quickly become the worst parts of DnB and garage - I don't think it's sunk yet but the dog needs to learn more that one trick.