IF (and only IF) your MP3s are all properly tagged by artist and
album, ITunes will do a good job of 1) finding them all over your
computer and 2) building a directory tree with all the files sorted by
artist/album.

Of course, what really happens is that you end up with 300 hours of
music by 'unknown artist' that you have to go back and do forensic
re-tagging to get things into a semblance of order ;-)