Also, 9 out of 10 promoters of this kind of music are putting on parties these days for the love of it rather than any financial gain. Even if you did lie and put Juan or whoever on your flyer, chances are the place would still be half empty ;-)

Martin Dust wrote:
I think Matt's correct, this very rarely happens in the UK these days, it's such a small world that word would get around so fast your rep would be over within two months.

Matt Chester wrote:
Do people actually do this? I've never encountered any specific incident of a promoter here putting someone's name on a flyer just to pull in numbers without actually booking them, but people I speak to in the US talk about it quite a bit. Is it common practice there then?
There are several booking agents out there booking him
And tons of promoters who like to drop names on flyers
To make a profit.