I picked up a flier in Detroit in 1999 where the Kooky
Scientist was to be performing a Live PA at a party.

A week later Fred Giannelli posted here that he would
not be performing in Detroit at that time, no matter
what had been read locally.  I don't remember if he
had a falling out with the promoter or if they just
used his name, but I do remember that the flier was
out more than a month before the party...so i lean
toward the latter.

Jeff
--- Matt Chester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Do people actually do this?  I've never encountered
> any specific
> incident of a promoter here putting someone's name
> on a flyer just to
> pull in numbers without actually booking them, but
> people I speak to in
> the US talk about it quite a bit.  Is it common
> practice there then?
> > There are several booking agents out there booking
> him
> > And tons of promoters who like to drop names on
> flyers
> > To make a profit.

Be a better friend, newshound, and