On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 11:15 AM, robin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've noticed Theo has these problems too with his stuff. Even on CDs.

on which tracks? theo distorts his kicks on many old records, but that
sound is very different from digital clipping.

Agreed. Off the top of my head I can't remember. Its possible it's omar S I'm thinking of.

that malik pittman
records and the one track on AOS-004 by omar-s are definitely digital
clipping, that sound kills me.

Oh me too. Goes right through me.

redlining your kick on a mixing board
is a much different sound, one i tend to enjoy!

Depends on the board. Some analogue boards are better than others. Mackie and AH are generally ok with this.

robin...