I always thought (and believed) that house/techno was about respect for
everyone/everybody despite who he/she is and the things he/she likes
(even UR preaches that) but @ this moment I do get the feeling that this
list is turning a bit into 'we only like what we like here and every
other thing, stepping outside what the list likes deserves a bashing' .

Mathew Dear is an artist and should be respected in that way, just like
he respects his fellow-artists and producers and just like artisits/dj's
we like on this list respect their fellow-artists. Off course u don't
have to like all the style of music they make but just respect the fact
that they try to be creative and provide music for peeps to listen and
dance to...u don't 'have to go out and see Mathew Dear (or others) if u
don't want to! But the fact that there's thousands of people out there
who really like his stuff must make him doing something right and again
u don't have to like him or his scene or his music but I thought this
was a global-313-list where everything could be discussed in an open
way, even hipster-things:-)

The lack of respect towards dj's/musicians/producers who operate outside
the likings of this list have turned into some sort of bitterness on the
list which do not go with my visions or believes about
dance/house/techno or whatever u wanna call it...

It thought it was about being open-minded and of course u can have
debate about music and what u like/don't like but it's turning into a
bit of narrow-minded thing around here. I n-joyed around here having
conversations around here with peeps from around the globe about a lot
of differenet styles of music and things happening in the world but it
seems not possible anymore.

Call me old-fashioned but somethings changed around here...

Martijn