There is no possible way that running a DJ set into your notebook's
line in isn't going to sound like infected monkey a$$. Sry. :(

If you want some suggestions for hardware, I would consider a presonus firepod.

Then you can worry about software.

Right now you might as well record your set to a cassette. Not joking,
it will sound better.