From: Jeffrey Richards [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 7:48 AM
To: 313
Subject: (313) Recording DJ sets

I have a shiny new Dell laptop (err...notebook) just
sitting around my house.  I want to try and record
some of my ramblings on the wheels of steel, and was
wondering exactly what it is I need to do it?  So here
is a list of questions...

Do I need any special software?  Is there any decent
software that is free?

Do I hook it up to the mic in (there is no line in) or
do I need to get a RCA to USB connector, or any
special equipment?

Should I hook up to line out or booth out?

Anything else I should be asking about?? Tell me what
it is...

Thanks

Jeff