----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank Glazer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Matt Kane's Brain" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "KiDD*e" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Three-One-Three" <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: (313) Booooooo!!!!!

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Matt Kane's Brain
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 11:02 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 > What I'm wondering is - do these people go out to the club with the
 >  intention of stealing records/drives/needles?
 >  Is is a crazy moment of "I wonder if I could?"
> or is it some kind of klepto force from within that suddenly takes someone
 >  over and they're compelled to do it?

 Who knows? A club full of drunks and drugged-up punters could have any
 sort of motivation. What motivates fights and shootings in places like
 this?

 There's a story Martin Dust told a while ago of someone who tried to
 buy a drink from Surgeon while he was playing, and there's another one
 I remember about some joker who took a WHOLE TONEARM off one of the
 turntables. (Was that here? Maybe the amtrak list? I think it was
 Tristan who wrote this)

this seems apocryphal.  removing an entire technics 1200 tonearm is no
small feat.

Yeah, he didn't remove it. He was standing next to the deck for some time (if I were to name the result of the swaying/staring combo I'd say ketamine + something strongly halucinatory) and then he slowly/deliberately reached forward, grabbed the tonearm and attempted to pull it off. It wound up bent/ruined. Most people who watched it happen couldn't believe their eyes. It was a bit like that slow motion effect when you injure yourself. And then a bunch of people grabbed him and took him outside.

Tristan
=======
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk