Yes, i agree with you about dubstep. I would not say this in a list that's not very dubstep friendly, and i've already said this, for sure, in the dubstep forums. In the dubstep forums i stand up to other genres, like techno. :-) The "this" i would not say, but i got to, is: the same downpath that drum n' bass traced, dubstep is tracing right now. Producers with no sensibility or no feeling are taking their 15 minutes of fame with angry wo-wo-wo basslines and agressive drum rolls. The macho thing is gonna create a paralysis.

But well... in other way of looking at things, dubstep is not only dubstep. Drum n' bass was not only drum n' bass. Jungle was not only jungle. You got to see this things all together as the urban music from the uk. As a mutanting thing that keeps revolving. And all of these styles, such as dubstep, they are not functionally made based on drugs or drugs headspace. Drugs are all around, yes. But dubstep, when it was born, and drum n' bass, when it was born, were much more about pavement, the city, the boroughs, the crew, it's urban music. They were connected directly to the beat shapped by and for the "kids", the expression of a moment in urban culture and its musical pulse. I don't know how things are moving right now – (recently, there are was a big night with all dubstep main producers at ministry of sound, in london...) – but there was no strobe light in dubstep nights. No clubism, no search for escapim, as you can find in the majority of trance related music and trance club scene.

What i see on the bright side is that the best contributions of jungle, drum n' bass, grime, dubstep, they produce the seeds for the uk urban music to show his freshness from time to time. I like to look at the timeline and see how things evolved since first raves untill now.

Kw