On 7 May 2008, at 14:11, theREALmxyzptlk wrote:

I saw him right around this time (the same 'tea and cookies with mum' tour) which provided some fun technology blunders. Numan had this whole "maybe I'm an alien" disassociated, disaffected stage presence going on, and he'd just incorporated two electronic space- car looking bots

I loved all that stuff, Replicas and Pleasure Principle remain in my top twenty - massive influence.

As for touring with his mam and dad, well his mam still runs the fan club and his dad does the post run once a week :)