I agree 100% with this:

A lot of these edits and re-works take out the "bad" parts of the

originals, so there are no emotional dynamics left. People just loop the

"best" part of the records...it's kind of whitewashing the whole thing, or

making it safe for instant gratification culture. Head straight to the

musical orgasm, and then repeat the orgasm over and over and over again

until it is rendered meaningless and monotonous. I prefer to keep the

foreplay in, the teasing in...even the awkwardness in! It's part of the

whole experience. Otherwise the record or DJ set has no dynamics or

contrast.

-----

and this:

Look at the stuff that's really popular: it's music that uses the idea of

disco, the fashion or imagined nostalgia of disco, the WORD "disco," rather

than disco itself. I could name 10 bands that have the word "disco" in

their name and they all sound nothing like disco...the worst offenders are

nearly rock, completely hyper-hetero, monotonous music, and the worst part

is GIRLS seem to LOVE IT! I always thought women were smarter than men, but

girls coming up to me requesting this stuff is making me second-guess that

assessment.

-----

except I'd say that there's lots of guys who love that trendy crap just as

much

without edits house just wouldn't have been the same, but the ease of

technology has made it far to accessible for any old dude with a laptop and

not much talent to make an edit

MEK