a few months ago (in May) GM put Rick Wagoner's salary back up to $2.2
million
taking him off his self-imposed pay cut

and now he wants a government bail-out?  He'll do perfectly fine with or
without one.
He wants to save his company?  Make him, and all of GMs top executives, pay
for it.

the company is a complete failure because of personal greed

MEK

Joel Gajewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 11/14/2008 10:37:11
AM:

> As sad as it is for life in Detroit, the US auto industry has not
> exactly learned any lessons from the 70's/80's when foreign cars
> started picking up in terms of sales.  Plus, they neglect the
> American market in terms of style, performance and most importantly
> quality.  They should have known that their busines plans based on
> large trucks and SUV's in the 1990's would only last for so long.
>
> I have known far too many people that work in the industry and feel
> that they are owed something and have very little pride in their
> work, which is a huge cause in the lack of quality.  I had two sides
> of my family working for Ford or Chrysler (pre Daimler) and sadly
> this is really what I saw growing up.
>
> I had two Chyslers and one Ford, none of which made it past 100k.
> Well, the Ford I dumped with 36k because it was already having problems.

> This might not be a popular view, but it is my honest opinion and it
> pains me to say it as I love Detroit and all of my family there.
>
> It's sad really.

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/nov/14/ford-chrysler-general-motors