I solved my MD5 large file issue using PHP, but I would still like to know the
input file size limits of the Generate digest command.

Using 4D’s PHP Execute, I generated an MD5 checksum on the same 687.7 MB movie
file that the 4D Generate digest failed on due to not enough memory.

Following is the code that I used (taken from the example in the PHP modules
support in the 4D PHP documentation.

C_TEXT($md5Result)
$ok:=PHP Execute("";"md5";$md5Result;$AbsolutePath)

David Belote
Colorado Springs

On 10/19/16, 8:08 AM, "4D_Tech on behalf of David Belote"