On Oct 3, 2017, at 10:57 AM, John DeSoi wrote:

> I just encountered this in version 16.2 (Mac, single user merged
> application). The Locked function returns true, but LOCKED BY has empty
> values for everything. The record is only accessed by one process and never
> becomes unlocked even though it is repeatedly reloaded via subsequent queries.

John, did you immediately contact 4D Tech Support and open a support case for
this bug? If you did, then you are helping to get this bug fixed.

As you must know, just reporting the bug and talking about it here on the iNUG
will accomplish absolutely nothing regarding getting this fixed.

The only way to get this bug to be recognized and have 4D devote some
engineering time to fixing it is to have 50+ tech support cases opened by 50+
different developers reporting the same bug. That will get their attention.

Tim Penner read your message and he is reading this message. But don’t expect
him to do anything about it. That’s not his job. It is the job of every 4D
developer to report bugs to 4D by opening a tech support case. And to refuse to
close that tech support case, or allow it to auto close, until the bug is
fixed.

That’s my opinion.

Tim

Tim Nevels